We also create custom made footwear giving you both comfort and style. As well as shoe modification we carry a full line of off the shelf orthotics. Why not call us and book an appointment and let us get you back on your feet for a better life today!
Note: If you found us by searching for Ottawa Orthotics or Orthotics Ottawa please let us know. Thanks.
If you’re looking for orthotics in Ottawa why not give us a call. We are the number one choice for orthopedic shoes, custom made orthotics, gait analysis, compression garments including compression stockings. Our Ottawa orthotic lab services provide orthotic shoes and are welcome to contact us for our full range of services.
What is a Pedorthist?
A pedorthist is an individual who is trained in the manufacturing, fitting and modification of foot appliances and footwear to assist in:
• Alleviating painful or debilitating conditions of the lower limb;
• Accommodation of foot deformities;
• Re-alignment of anatomical structures;
• Redistribution of external and internal forces;
• Improvement of balance;
• Control of biomechanical function;
• Accommodation of circulatory special requirements; and,
• Enhancement of the actions of limbs compromised as a result of accident, congenital deformity, neural condition, or disease.
C Ped (C) - Certified Pedorthist Canada
These practitioners provide:
• Assessment through observation of surface anatomy and palpation of the limb, gait analyses, range-of-motion testing, footwear analysis and review of potentially complicated health factors;
• Casting, manufacturing, fitting and adjusting orthoses;
• Fitting and modifying standard and orthopaedic footwear;
• Accommodating/incorporating complementary assistive devices; and,
• Casting and measuring for custom footwear.
Why take chances with your foot care. For the very best foot orthotics in the Ottawa area come in and see the professionals at Walking Wellness. Your feet will love you for it!